• AM Shift – Miles Klaff/Chris Trahan
• PM Shift – Mariela Botella
As in previous years, Houston Trail Runners Extreme (HTRex) will be sponsoring the ‘Park Road’ Aid Station (AS #4). The ‘Park Road’ AS is located at mile 15.61 of a 20-mile loop for the 100M and is by far the easiest aid station to access (maybe a half mile down the Park Road from I-45) - see below.
The run starts on Saturday Feb 4th at 6am and we will have 6-hour shifts available throughout the weekend.
Saturday, Feb 4th: Sunday, Feb 5th:
7AM – 12PM 12Am – 6PM
12PM – 6PM 6AM – 11AM
6PM – 12AM
Do not worry if you can not stay for the whole 6 hours (or if you want to stay longer!!) anything you can help with is highly appreciated by the Race Director and all the runners out there who you will be supporting!!
Family and friends are welcome to volunteer. If you are running – put them to work!
• All volunteers will receive a unique Rocky Raccoon 100-mile T-shirt.
• Volunteers will not have to pay the park entrance fee.
• Volunteers are eligible for Tejas Points! http://www.tejastrails.com/docs/TejasPoints.html
From Houston - Take 45 North, you will pass Conroe & Willis, take Exit 109 'Huntsville State Park'. Make a left at the stop sign, you will go under hwy and head straight into the park. The aid station is on the right, maybe 1/2 mile down the park road (hence the name "Park Road"). There is ample parking another 100 yards down the road on the left.
Dress comfortably with sturdy foot-wear. It should be in the 50’s during the day and as low as 32 in the morning and evening. If you are doing the night shift, wear lots of layers to stay warm. We will have at least one large heater and a generator running during the evening hours.
Feed the Masses:
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided by Race Management for all Volunteers on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday morning.
I would suggest bringing your own cooler with sodas/beverages/snacks for yourselves in case aid station food does not agree with your diet.
You may also want to bring a folding chair.
We will need a few pieces of equipment and supplies.
• TABLES – if you have an extra folding table, please bring it!
• Blankets/sleeping bags
• Lots of chairs – everyone should bring at least one folding chair.
• Specialty food items - you can bring anything you think the runners will devour!
• If you have a generator (maybe an Ike purchase) that you'd consider loaning out, let us know.
Thanks for Volunteering!!